Go to whole of WA Government search

The Clearing Permit System (CPS) is a publicly accessible central records directory for applications and decisions related to clearing matters regulated under Part V of the Environmental Protection Act 1986. Both the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) use CPS.

You can search for new applications and previous decisions via the search function listed in the main menu in CPS. Search terms include permit number, permit holder name, street name and location. The view icon will display detailed information about the record. You can find documents such as the granted clearing permit and plan via the correspondence tab in CPS.

The CPS map function displays spatial data associated with clearing permit applications, including the area proposed to be cleared. Search terms available within the GIS map include street address, locality and lot numbers.

Records in CPS

Permits under assessment
You can find a list of recent applications to clear native vegetation in this report. Any interested person may submit comments in writing about an application to clear native vegetation within that application’s public comment submission period. A list of applications currently available for public comment, and details on submitting comments, may be found here.

Permits granted and vegetation conservation notices given
This report lists permits granted and vegetation conservation notices. Decisions currently available for public appeal are listed here. See the Office of the Appeals Convenor website for information on submitting an appeal.

Outcomes of clearing referrals

CPS also records determinations on referrals of proposed clearing. Further information on the clearing referrals process is available here. Clearing referral outcomes cannot be appealed.

A list of recent clearing referrals and referral determinations (not available for public appeal) are available here.

Other records

CPS also documents other clearing decisions, including:

Only the applicant or clearing permit holder (as applicable) may appeal these decisions. Go to the Office of the Appeals Convenor website for further information about appeals. A list of recent decisions by the department that are not available for public appeal are available here.


Queries about these records may be directed to:

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
Native Vegetation Regulation
Locked Bag 10
Joondalup DC

Telephone (08) 6364 7098

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.